We understand that the more competent a carer is, the more likely they are to be able to provide the level of care we expect. At Emerald Care Services we feel that training our staff as thoroughly as possible is crucial to our success.
Health & Safety in the Care Home
- Risk Assessment Health & Safety
- Moving & Handling Theory
- Moving & Handling Assessments
- Moving & Handling Practical
- Fire Safety 1: Hazards & Prevention
- Fire Safety 2: Drills & Evacuation
- Emergency First Aid in the Care Home
- Effective Hand Hygiene (including Infection Control Induction Exercises)
- Medication in the Care Home
- Security covered in Health & Safety in the Care Home
When we employ a new carer they undergo a comprehensive training schedule where they are educated in all mandatory aspects such as manual moving and handling, first aid, food hygiene, challenging behaviour and health and safety. We also provide training based on the recommendations from the Care Quality Commision (CQC).
Our Homecare Managers monitor and review all carers weekly to check performance and ensure that communication channels are maintained throughout the company.
If you fund your care from your own resources or receive assistance in the form of a Direct Payment, Individual Budget (IB) or Self Directed Support (SDS) we can help you. Also we can provide you with information regarding companies that deal with matters relating to funding your care.
Please call us on 020 7326 1253 for a free advice.
All our care workers will have either already attained or be in the process of attaining an QCF (former NVQ) in Health and Social Care.